My Other Site~

“珩” 行霸道
A nonsensical record of my DND days..
(DND = Dumb noob driver)

Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Dark Days are Coming..


The Secret World

Just went on Gamespot.com and saw this awesome preview of a new MMO whose release date hasn't even been announced yet. But the teaser trailer is so cool that I'm pretty determined to play it when it comes out (although it's on xbox which I have yet to buy) But I don't think it'll be f2p...but heck, we'll see then. Anyway's the game's called
The Secret World (I hope they'll change the title...it's sounds too much like a spinoff of Perfect World, or The Real World) and through an interview on gamespot found here, it's not a typical MMO. I'll paste the essense of the interview here:

"The Secret World will be unlike any other massively multiplayer game that has come before it. No, really. Instead of taking place in some kind of far-flung future or a high-fantasy world, it will take place in modern times, or as game director Ragnar Tornquist describes it, "a world of contemporary dark fantasy." You'll begin the game as an average person living in the real world, starting out in one of the game's three starter areas (New York City, Seoul, or London), and you'll lead a normal life, until you discover that all the urban legends and old wives' tales that used to frighten you as a child are very real and, in some cases, very dangerous. Dark forces are looking to take over the world, and your character has been chosen to join the fight.

The game involves everything from the Knights Templar to Pandora's box to the Garden of Eden to the Fountain of Youth to the Freemasons, and just about every other myth that has ever been tied to a conspiracy theory or occult investigation. Your character will be a freelancing adventurer who gets thrust into the world to seek out clues as to who's behind each unexplainable phenomenon as well as to duel with vampires, ghouls, and other bizarre critters that go bump in the night.

You won't need to worry about gaining experience levels in The Secret World--in fact, there won't be any experience levels in the game; instead, you'll develop your characters using an open-ended skill system that doesn't lock you into a single profession. Tornquist specifically cited the all-too-common issue in class-based games where you sink hundreds of hours into a single character in a certain character class until you start getting tired of it, at which point you can either stick with the character you've invested so much of yourself in or restart a brand-new character (and face another couple of hundred hours of new character development from scratch)."

So according to it, there'll be no leveling system. So no grinding? I wonder how taking away what makes an MMO, an MMO, will affect the game itself and more importantly, the players. I mean, so you can actually be an uber veteran and be just as good as a noob because you guys have the same skills? hmm...just have to wait for the game tester's reviews...

Here's the really cool trailer:




The Darkside Chronicles

Okay, this is what gets me REALLY EXCITED!!

So after all the buzz about Resident Evil 5 (which regretfully I have yet to put my hands on) what's next? Well the sometimes-hated-but-most-of-the-time-loved CAPCOM announced that there'll be a new game called The Darkside Chronicles featuring - - -
LEON SCOTT KENNEDY!! Yep. The one and only Leon is returning from the movie back to a game. The Darkside Chronicles is another installation following the Umbrella Chronicles (which I played a little at Vivian's house, but I can't seem to love it. Maybe it's because you get stuck with playing Rebecca/Billy the first chunk of the game, and honestly, I don't like the two very much..) So TDC will be another on-rail shooter on Wii, but this time we follow the story of Leon and Claire through Resident Evil 2 (and possibly Resident Evil: Code Veronica)


People on the forums I go on seem to hate it. They say that the "wiimake" (which they call the umbrella chronicles as they remade the game into a wii shooter) rules out the much craved possibility of having a remake on the actual resident evil 2 game just like REmake.

Personally, I'm just glad to see Leon in another game <3333



Love it!

And I'm current;y on spring break. Yay.

End of Post.

No comments: