My Other Site~

“珩” 行霸道
A nonsensical record of my DND days..
(DND = Dumb noob driver)

Friday, August 7, 2009

E-P-I-C

Gotta spell it out.

Seriously, there is no other word for it.

Remember the time when we were young and ignorant, and when the most worshiped Square-Enix announced their new game called "Kingdom Heart", we were so excited over the pretty character designs and the real time game play and Utada Hikaru singing the theme song for it, and when we look at it closely, we were like "WAAITT!!....HOLY CRAP THAT'S MICKEY!" And so begins the fandom over one of the most revolutionary games of all time, complete with spin-offs and sequel(s).

Although I HATE to bring in a Hannah Montana reference here, it's the Best of Both Worlds. Disney has been magical for decades and so has rpg games. When fused together, you've got disney fans and rpg fans combined to form one hellova market for the game. And it was indeed a hellova awesome game.

BUT, I'm not gonna talk about Kingdom Hearts here. I'm gonna talk about EPIC MICKEY.

What's EPIC MICKEY, you may ask?

Honestly, I have no idea either, but one thing that I can be sure is that it's EPIC, whatever it is.

I first heard of this on the Resident Evil Fan forums. Someone posted two articles about this new game that's in the making right now. Basically what the articles talk about is that [summary]this guy, Warren Spector, has a studio called Junction Point Studios, which got bought by Disney Interactive in 2007. Mr. Spector is apparently the lead designer behind the lovely cyberpunk-themed FPS-fused-with-RPG title called Deus Ex (I have yet to experience it but it looks cool), so now people are wondering, what the heck is this guy doing working under the oh-so-innocent Disney? And then this little unknown blog dug up some pretty darn awesome concept artworks posted on the blogs of these artists, and connected it with the speculation Gamasutra made regarding a possible title, "Epic Mickey" that is possibly in the works.[/summary]

After that horrible summary, these are the articles I ninja-ed from REFan.
http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/digitalsavant/entries/2009/07/29/new_evidence_of.html
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21537

So what do ALL these mean? It means Disney's getting smarter. They finally realized that kids these days are twisted beyond repair, and no one's gonna oogle over little cute mickey and his futile attempts at wooing minnie, or goofy going about his daily chores in his, well, goofy, ways. Kids these days need action, they need Tim Burton. They need to have a notion of what's apocalypse. Take Wall-E for instance. It's a pretty huge leap from conventional animation for children, especially one such as Wall-E which involves humans in the future transmogrifying into rolling meat loaves. A decade back, no one could ever imagine Disney going for the dark, apocalyptic style (Well, except for The Nightmare Before Christmas, but even that is only becoming popular these few years, no one has even heard of it when I talked enthusiastically about it in my primary school back in those days)

Anyways, this might be THE game that I'll be waiting for for a while. Kingdom Heart was awesome, but it's more of onesan's type of game (I can never aim the jump properly, thus falling into my death countless times).

Seriously, I have a feeling it's gonna be EPIC.

Now, TIME FOR PICTURES!!! Prepare your eyes for awesomeness (double click for full pic):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

my personal favourite:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm gonna shit bricks if it turns out to be lameness.

Oh and a recent update revealed that it's most likely for Wii. *waits for the console war to start all over again*

End of post.

No comments: