My Other Site~

“珩” 行霸道
A nonsensical record of my DND days..
(DND = Dumb noob driver)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Just a little over 01.21.2008, Monday

I am Seventeen

Some people express it using the phrase, "Today I'm officially seventeen! (or eighteen, or fifty-six, not my point)" But I kinda wonder at the "official" part. Yesterday, 01.20.2008, i got into contact with jie and dad and mom and jonathan (in chronological order) through skype and msn respectively, and they both wished my happy birthday! If i were in Singapore or Taiwan, I would be kinda celebrating my birthday a day earlier than if I was in America, which I am now, but I'm still the same me, so how official can it get when one is older by "a year" in one place than when one is in another place? This time difference/lag shit is really irritating. So much that I more or less developed the habit of always adding on four hours to the actual time and switched am to pm or vice versa, just to calculate time in Singapore.

At this point, out of randomness I realized that I COULD actually type really fast. Heh.

So well, my second birthday at this place, although it's 17 years later from the first one. It feels kinda weird though. It's like getting married and starting a new life, except the marriage part. Gonna be in an American High School...it's a little scary thanks to hollywood always making the transfer students' life so sad.

Surprisingly I don't miss Singapore that much. Maybe everything still hasn't set in yet 'cause it's still like I'm having a vacation, and I'll just wait and see after I started going school, then maybe I'll get really Singapore-sick. Not so much Singapore itself, but my friends and my mom and my brother...

Will see how everything goes...and maybe this will be just a one post blog like so many other ones I started but couldn't maintain...

No comments: